RSS

Friday, May 14, 2010

i'm writing this on a piece of paper

Hello again from 10,000 fee, Although this time I'm writing on real, even lined, paper. Thanks Becky! Currently I'm sitting on my way from Prague to Barcelona, Spain, another place my parents have never been (+1 pt Carly!) The past week has gone by so fast!

Prague--
This city was unlike all the other cities I've been to. While the narrow cobblestone streets and bridges reminded me of Florence, the architecture certainly did not. While walking across the Charles Bridge, the Town Hall, with its spires seemed to almost transport me back to Disney Land circa 1993 and Cinderella's Castle.
For the past few days, the family and I spent the day exploring the city. Upon arrival, we checked into our hotel and headed over to the Charles Bridge to meet my friends for dinner. Dinner was amazing, however, not what I later learned is characteristic of Czech food, although I did find that food surprising like good. Anyway, we enoyed it and the view, which looked over the water and at the bridge. The clear sky, wasnt so bad either.
The following morning, we began our exploration making our way towards the Prague Castle stopping along the way at various places before hiking the way up the hill til we finally arrived at the Caste. Exhausted, it was time for lunch and we stopped for traditional czech cuisine, goulash, dumplings, the gamut. By the way, bread dumplings are kind of weird. They're kind of like the middle of a bagel but a little moist. Conclusion: go for the potato dumplings. Then we made our way back again stopping again along the way. By then, my legs were tired and desperate for a nap.
And of course, before long it was time ot eat again. We again went to a traditional czech restaurant. We shared appetizers of sausages, beet and roast beef salad and had roast duck, prok, cabbages, sauerkraut, schnitzel, etc. The men next to us couldn't stop staring at my meal, which kind of freaked me out a little...
The following day, we spent the ENTIRE day in the Jewish Quarter--seeing all 6 temples, the cemetery and of course the jewelry stores. Midday, we did stop for some Greek Food, a nice preview for what's to come (HANG IN THERE: GREECE POSTS COMING SOON!!). But by the end of the day, I think I was jewed out. So again, we went back for naps, something I think I did everyday on every trip I took. Then we made dinner reservations to eat at the top of the Dancing Buildings, Celeste. It was beautiful and was one of those restaurants that gives you a little treat from the chef before your meal. I'm a big fan of those, note: if I ever open a restaraunt, I'd like to do this. However, this restaurant even did it after the meal and the home-made bonbons may have been the highlight of the meal! Anyway, the food was delicious. Then we headed back, stopping for some gelato, anything to delay packing...again.

So now I've left my family for a week, dont worry I'll have plenty of time to see them this summer. (Yes, for my Boston readers, I've decided to take a job at home). Now, I'm off with my friends (Hannah, Avery, Becky & Kate to Barcelona then Athens and Santorini. But more on those later...off to the land of Sangria, Tapas & more Sangria.

No comments:

Post a Comment