RSS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hold the line...

Sorry, sorry, sorry for my inability to post in far too long. And sorry that again this will have to be a brief post.
Things are busy in London and instead of boring you with the incessant details of my day-to-day life: Class, Homework, Sleep, Work, Gym, Sleep, Work...and a very occasional time to relax in there...somewhere? I'm taking a different route today.
Needless to say I finally feel like I'm abroad and almost feel as though I might fit in at least somewhat inconspicuously...emphasis on the somewhat. (Although with working 3 days a week, I'm growing rather concerned that I'm always going to feel young based on my size alone.)

Things I'm getting used to & beginning/continuing to enjoy
-Walking around and seeing things I recognize from history, books, movies, the gamut
-Looking Right before Left, although the signs help (I will never get used to looking on the right side for the driver though!)
-Cooking for myself & Whole Foods London
-Grab & Go Food Places such as Pret & EAT
-Le Pain Quotidien Cherry Jelly
-The Ease of the Tube
-Surprisingly the food--YoSushi, Indian Food-anywhere, Food Halls, especially Harrods, Champion, Ben's Cookies (I will admit, my stomach HATES me and I'm making bold moves in attempt to please it)
-Amusing British sayings such as Hold the Line
-Musseli, British Granola which has oats instead of Granola, and the make your own stand at Whole Foods
-Spending money and not immediately converting it to American dollars
-BBC2, which we listen to all day at work (current favorites: Blame It on the Girls)
-Drinking tea all day long, without equal
-24 Hour Nurse Hotline, which sadly came in handy around 5am Sunday morning

I'm also growing quite nostalgic for certain things at home, including but not limited to:
-Dryers that work, better yet Lazybones to do all of my laundry for me
-Bathroom Light Switches
-Fridges that don't resemble mini fridges
-Free, or rather not pay as you go, television
-People who move out of the way when you are attempting to walk
-Certain Foods (Kettle Corn Ingredients, Equal,
-An organized university, cause lets be honest--Arcadia is a far cry from organized
-A good gym, equipped with someone to whip me into shape & keep me there
-J.Crew
-My comfortable bed, and even my little twin at home
-Target & CVS like stores
-Having a life
-Most of you

xox

quick hilights since we last spoke:
Notting Hill Arts Club
Tequila Tex Mex
The London Eye
HiYasaki Sushi--L15 for 7 appetizers and all you can eat sushi...Koyojin in London??
Harrods--picked out my future wedding dress (I hear it even comes with the British husband!!), delicious dim sum and ice cream sundaes that could cure world hunger and peace all at the same time...yah, I said that AND I'M LACTOSE INTOLERANT)
Oxford University
Ben's Cookies
Mrs. Dalloway's Walk through London
Indian Cooking Class with Monisha, don't worry I got her cookbook, signed and all

No comments:

Post a Comment