RSS

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For %@*£-sake

It's commonly known how nice of people the Irish are. What's not commonly known, or at least not talked about, is the amount they swear.

This past weekend, we went to Dublin, Ireland. After a quick flight via Ryanair, my first experience, we were there. I will admit, every time I travel, I'm actually baffled by how easy it is to travel here. I can barely make it to Wisconsin without a hitch and definitely not without any complaints. This also marks a momentous adventure because it was in fact the first place I have been that Barb & Eric, aka mom & Dad, have not been. Although Eric informed me they have never been to Deluth, MN. However, I'm fairly certain both my toes, which still suffer from that fateful frostbite, and I pretend I was never there.

Unlike Paris, Ireland had a lot less things to do so made for a nice, relaxing weekend away from London. And, I'm fairly certain we saw just about everything touristy there is to see in Dublin:
-Guinness Storehouse Factory, highlight: advertising history of the brand
-James Distillery, which I very much so preferred to Guinness
-Christ Church Cathedral
-Temple Bar
-Trinity College, sweatshirt: check
-Loft Market, dresses: check
-St. Patricks Cathedral
-Wax Museum, hopefully: Madame Toussaud's COMING SOON
-Porterhouse, briefly
-Valentine's Day

Now here's the part where my blog becomes a movie review. (You know, to show I have a wealth of skills, I am looking for a job after all, kidding, but really just to sing my praises to Valentine's Day). Let me first of all preface this with the fact that I am probably the worst movie or television critic you will ever meet. A faithful romantic comedy fan, I will probably watch, and enjoy, any movie in the genre. Marni often jokes that you know something is REALLY bad if I wont watch it. Having said that, I first saw the trailer for Valentine's Day back in the fall. I immediately knew it was the type of movie I would be rushing to see. Hence, I did see it, the second night it came out in Ireland. While the trailer contained virtually no information regarding the plot, the cast was enough for me. So I was in. However, I secretly knew with such a great cast and such excitement, this movie would never live up to my expectations. I'm happy to announce: I was wrong. This movie was great. Similar to Love Actually, the characters were perfectly intertwined. It was funny and cute and well done, even had a few surprises at the end.

My advice: Go see it for yourself, I may even go again...right now?
Seee ya later
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment